In what is an enormous victory for the largest state school-based health care program in the country, the New York School-Based Health Alliance has successfully secured a 2.5 year extension of its Medicaid Managed Care (MMCP) carve-out for school-based health centers, which was scheduled to take place in July 2018. “I am so pleased to receive this news just before we break for the holidays. This is the result of tireless committee work by NYSBHA’s policy advisor, leaders and members on behalf of the field, and I am honored to work with them all.” –Sarah Murphy, Executive Director, New York School-Based Health Alliance (NYSBHA). The carve-out is now scheduled to expire in January 2021.
- NYS DOH Regional Training Schedule for SBHCs – 4/2 session has address update
- North Country Family Health Center awarded over $133K for its SBHC Dental Program
- SBHCs: Funding Issues and the “Columbine that Didn’t Happen”
- Native American Nonprofit Aims to Boost Community Health by Teaching Lakota Language
- Rep. Faso Supports Measure to Reauthorize School-Based Health Centers (SBHC)