School Based Health Centers and School Nurses
SBHCs and school nurses know that healthy students learn better. They share an important mission: providing preventive care for all students they serve, with the goal of keeping students in class learning.
SBHCs and School Nurses
- Educate students and families about healthy behaviors and nutrition
- Enroll students and families in public insurance programs
- Offer immunizations
Benefits of Working Together
- Enhance students’ health, academic outcomes, and overall well-being
- Plan and implement health promotion and disease prevention programs
- Increase information sharing to protect student privacy and continuity of care
- Reduce emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Detect health problems before onset of chronic conditions
Become a Member
Regular member communications, advocacy updates, alerts & webinars are only some of what you receive as a NYSBHA member
Your donation plays an essential role in the Alliance’s ability to achieve its vision of "Healthy Children, Healthy Teens, and Healthy Schools."
Get in touch with NYSBHA