NYC: The Urban Youth Collaborative and the Center for Popular Democracy released a policy brief, “Young People’s Vision for Safe, Supportive, and Inclusive Schools,” which recommends dramatically increasing the number of counselors, providing comprehensive mental health supports, and infusing all schools with restorative practices. Absent from this list are metal detectors and police. Article
- NYSBHA prepares for annual conference next week
- Rochester SBHC Uses Therapy Dog to Ease Anxiety over Flu Shots
- School-based health centers to benefit from new law
- Urban Health Plan Teams Up with Envolve Vision Van to Visit Schools
- Can Teachers Stop Teens From Considering Suicide? New York State Thinks So.