Conference 2017 – Disclosures
Required Disclosures to Participants
- 1) Purpose of the Activity: Annual conference offering live educational sessions and networking opportunities
- 2) Objectives of the Activity: participants will be able to identify and discuss successful model programs that offer strategies to improve healthcare for students utilizing school-based health centers
- 3) Target Audience: nurses, nurse practitioners, community health educators, physicians, sbhc office administrators
- 4) Presence or Absence of Conflict of Interest for planners/faculty/authors/moderators:
Jana Shaw, MD – Pfizer
- 5) Presence or Absence of Commercial and/or Sponsorship Support disclosure
Conference Sponsorships: BioReference $3000, Apex $1500
- 6) Non-endorsement of products discussed/displayed in conjunction with this activity:
- Non-Endorsement of Products
As an Accredited Provider of Continuing Education (CE) Credits for Health Education (CHES®), Nursing (CNE), Medicine (CME), and Public Health (CPH) the American Public Health Association Center for Professional Development (CPD) Unit and its respective Continuing Education accrediting organizations do not endorse any products or services that are displayed or referred to in conjunction with this activity and are not responsible for the actual presentation of content during scientific sessions.
7) Policy on Disclosures to Learners
- The New York School-Based Health Alliance strives to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all of its educational programs. All planners, faculty members, moderators, discussants, panelist and presenters participating in this program have been required to disclose any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest that may have a direct bearing on the subject matter of this program. This includes relationships with pharmaceutical companies, biomedical device manufacturers or other corporations whose products or services are related to the subject matter of the presentation topic. The intent of this policy is to identify openly any conflict of interest so that the attendees may form their own judgments about the presentation with full disclosure of the facts. In addition, faculty is expected to openly disclose any off-label, experimental and/or investigational uses of drugs or devices in their presentation. Disclosures, Conflict of Interest (COI) and Resolution of COI policies are available via the APHA’s website and in the printed program.
- 8) Accreditation statements
- Nursing (CNE) Accreditation Statement
- This continuing nursing education activity was approved by APHA/PHN, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- How to Obtain CE Credit: Participants must attend the entire session and complete the evaluation online in order to earn credit hours and obtain a CE certificate. A link to the online evaluation system will be sent to all registered participants who attend the activity that will contain instructions and a personal ID number for access to the system. All online evaluations must be submitted by November 30, 2017 to receive continuing education credit for this activity.
Become a Member
Regular member communications, advocacy updates, alerts & webinars are only some of what you receive as a NYSBHA member
Your donation plays an essential role in the Alliance’s ability to achieve its vision of "Healthy Children, Healthy Teens, and Healthy Schools."
Get in touch with NYSBHA