Bassett Healthcare Network’s 20 school-based health centers recently received an accreditation that bolsters their credibility and should mean better reimbursement for the services they provide, according to the co-director of the program. The National Committee for Quality Assurance designated the centers as level 3 “patient-centered medical homes,” a health care model involving a team of practitioners and staff that coordinates care.
- Dentist: Local children need better care
- School Based Health Centers Applaud Governor Andrew M. Cuomo for Providing Level State Funding in his 2018-19 Budget Plan
- Trump administration halts ‘evidence-based’ program that evaluates behavioral health therapies
- Healing, Not Metal Detectors, Will Dismantle the School-to-Prison Pipeline for Good
- For city kids with asthma, telemedicine and in-school care cut ER visits in half