Senator Terrence Murphy (R-40) was a sponsor of a comprehensive safety plan to improve security and keep children safe at schools and other venues that recently passed the New York State Senate. The bill defines school shootings as terrorism and enables individuals to be charged with committing an act of terrorism if they knowingly and unlawfully discharge a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school, a place of worship, a mass gathering of 25 or more people, or a business.
- Bronx pediatrician became brainchild behind school-based health programs
- The Future of Healing: Shifting From Trauma Informed Care to Healing Centered Engagement
- Liverpool CSD Introduces Parent University
- Congressman: School-based health centers “critical” to protecting kids
- Senators propose new bills to increase telemedicine access for substance abuse disorders