Senator Terrence Murphy (R-40) was a sponsor of a comprehensive safety plan to improve security and keep children safe at schools and other venues that recently passed the New York State Senate. The bill defines school shootings as terrorism and enables individuals to be charged with committing an act of terrorism if they knowingly and unlawfully discharge a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school, a place of worship, a mass gathering of 25 or more people, or a business.
- NYSBHA prepares for annual conference next week
- Rochester SBHC Uses Therapy Dog to Ease Anxiety over Flu Shots
- School-based health centers to benefit from new law
- Urban Health Plan Teams Up with Envolve Vision Van to Visit Schools
- Can Teachers Stop Teens From Considering Suicide? New York State Thinks So.