Great Board and Committee Members Wanted
Join the New York SBHA board and help create the future for school-based health care in New York State.
Board of Directors
The New York School-Based Health Alliance is currently seeking interested people to apply for membership on the NYSBHA board. The board term is three years, beginning on January 1. We are especially interested in nominees who have:
- · School-based health leadership, finance or development experience
- · An interest in membership support and technical assistance
- · Live or work in Western NY or Central NY
- · Attend all quarterly one hour meetings held via conference call. (Thursday 4-5 or 5-6 pm)
- · Attend the Board’s two day retreat which is held annually in late July/early August.
- · Be a dues paying member of the Alliance.
- · Give a personally significant financial gift to the Alliance because the Board gives 100%.
- · Support the Alliance’s resource development activities with 3 concrete actions per year.
- · Serve on 1 to 2 committees per year.
- · Attend at least one SBHC Advocacy Day during member term.
If you are interested in joining the board and/or one of the committees, please send an email to email@example.com. Put “Nomination” in the subject line. In the body of the email include the following:
- · Name of the nominee (you are encouraged to nominate yourself)
- · Contact information: email and phone
- · Name of the sponsoring organization if the nominee currently works within SBHC
- · Experience, skills, interests, passions you believe the nominee has to offer the board
We are also looking for current members who are interested in contributing to the work of the NYSBHA through our committees. There are currently openings on the Finance, Technical Assistance, and Membership and Resource committees and we are developing a brand new Programming and Events Committee to help shape an annual conference as well as other educational offerings. This is a great opportunity for you to “give back” and use your experience to help shape policies and programs! Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Committee Membership” in the subject line and let us know which committee you would like to join.
We would be honored to have members like you join the Alliance leadership! We look forward to hearing from you!
Become a Member
Regular member communications, advocacy updates, alerts & webinars are only some of what you receive as a NYSBHA member
Your donation plays an essential role in the Alliance’s ability to achieve its vision of "Healthy Children, Healthy Teens, and Healthy Schools."
Get in touch with NYSBHA